Notes to My Student…
These are notes I made last night before teaching at 6am this morning…
- Focus on powerful, steady, forward gaze.
- Tune into internal self: Notice what’s happening within the body, breathe into those areas and release tension.
- Let the outside world slip away and allow yourself to get lost in the practice.
- Steady, deep breaths guide the movement: Flow smoothly from one pose to the next, creating a moving meditation out of the postures. Each breath corresponds to a movement or subtle adjustment within the body.
- Return attention to the breath if the mind starts to wander. Come back inside.
Can you tell I wanted to create a mind-quieting, steady and deeply internal class? The soundtrack was lots of the quieter songs from Madonna’s Ray of Light, Zero 7, Portishead and Air. Class ended with a long savasana (corpse pose) and guided relaxation.